In our 2 + years of existence, the CBC has accomplished a great deal.
Below are listed some of our most important contributions to Cassadaga.
- Obtained grants to improve signage on Village Common, beach and main road entrances
- Secured grant to beautify Maple Ave. business area
- Worked with Village Board to incorporate Complete Streets philosophy in Village Highway planning
- Working with Cassadaga Job Corps and the CLA ,built and installed a floating stage/youth fishing platform
- Obtained grant for 2019 paving of Dale Drive shoulders to foster safer walking and biking
- Secured a grant for playground equipment at the Village Beach
- Working with other local organizations, sponsor a Winter Festival each Feb.
- Sponsor a Strawberry Social each June
- Obtain grants/contributions to sponsor a Summer Concert series on Cassadaga’s floating stage
- Sponsor a Labor Day Festival that includes a craft show
- Working with Evergreen Outfitters provide kayaking events each summer
- Organize the “Light Up Cassadaga” event to welcome the holidays with entertainment, Santa visit, carol sing and holiday lights in December
- Sponsored a “Cassadaga-Then and Now” photo exhibit at the Library
Ongoing Community Activities:
- Beautify Village Common each spring/summer with flowering plants
- Publicize new businesses and welcome them to the community
- In conjunction with the Fredonia Farmers Market, established a market day each Sunday on the Village Common during the summer
- Developed a Cassadaga Historical Walking Tour brochure
- Provide ongoing support to Chautauqua County Health Network activities to improve nutrition and health in Chautauqua County
- Maintain a CBC website/Facebook page to enhance communication